– 2 tablespoons of oil for frying
– 320g onions, chopped very finely
– 2 teaspoons garlic powder
– 80g oats, pulsed in a blender, or use “quick oats”
– 20g wholemeal flour
– 85g dried cranberries soaked in 60 ml hot water in a mug
– 280 ml stock made with a vegetable stock cube
– 180g chopped cashew nuts
– a splash of wine vinegar/balsamic vinegar
– Salt and pepper to taste
Oven: Pre-heat to 190C
Toast your cashew pieces lightly in your frying pan without any oil, for 1-2 minutes until the nuts begin to brown gently. Tip them out and put to one side. Fry the onion in the oil for about five minutes or until soft. Add the garlic. Cook for a few more minutes.
Sprinkle the oats and flour on top. Stir well. Add the stock and cranberry water, stirring all the time. Simmer slowly for two or three minutes. Stir in the nuts, cranberries, vinegar and seasoning.
Spoon the mix into a greased 2lb loaf tin. Bake for around 25 mins.
Enjoy with your friends :-)